Thursday, January 16, 2014

Body Image

I don't know why, but I've been hearing ALOT of people complaining about their looks lately. Mostly women, but men as well. And it's just breaking my heart and simultaniously pissing me off.


I think Savannah Brown did a great job with her Slam Poem about body image, self love, self acceptance and the way media/society has made every human belittle themselves. We're never enough, never smart enough, never pretty enough. But that's a whole lot of bullcrap! We are all beautiful, interesting people, no matter what size, shape or form we're in, no matter gender, skin tone or sexuality, we are all humans.
I'm just tired of seeing these wonderful people, that I love, hate on their own looks. I mean come on, you are frickin' stunning, can't you see that? I truly wish they could see themselves through my eyes. Then they wouldn't want to change a thing.
Happiness, feeling good about yourself, has nothing to do with your looks, really. I mean if you feel like crap, and you only change how you look, that won't fix your problems, it won't make that crappy feeling go away. It will just change how your outsides look. Sure, that might make you a bit more confident, for a while, who knows, but it won't make all of your problems flutter away. You are worthy of love, happiness and all the joy life can bring, just the way you are, right now. Try your best, but remember to be kind to yourself, Love yourself. It doesn't matter what anyone else think about you. What You think about You, is what's important.
And what you give, you'll recieve. Do you want more compliments, give compliments. Do you want people to be honest with you, be honest with others. Do you want people to treat you nicely, treat others nicely. But most of all, be kind to yourself, give yourself compliments. Do what you love and are passionate about.
I want you, yeah, You, to know that you are such an amazing and Awesome person. You are loved and just utterly wonderful. Thank you for existing!
And remember: "You're a goddamn treasure, whether you believe it or not."
Much Love. //Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment